What we collect From Registered Members, Job Seekers, Recruiters, Employers and Website Visitors Generally
We collect information about you when you use Wisestep’s platform and services. We collect information directly from you such as your contact information, resume, and profile information depending on the type of user you register as. We also collect information about you automatically such as how you use and interact with Wisestep, your demographic information, and information about your computer or mobile device.
We may also acquire information about you from third parties to further personalize and enhance your experience.
While registering as an Employer Wisestep requires you to provide your Name, official Email Address, Country, Industry, Address, Phone number and a Password for your Wisestep Account. Wisestep requires that employers keep their Passwords confidential; disclosure of your Account Information to others might lead to information theft and impersonation.
Registered users who are Employers can create Employer Profile Pages and update it with their open positions. This can then be shared within the within the Wisestep network and among your friends, contacts and professional network including but not limited to email and social media. Wisestep lets each employer choose what they want to share.
Users who register as Job Applicants are required to provide their Name, Email address, Phone number, CV, Professional History, your preferences for a new job and answer any questions that might have been asked by the employer. Without these employers may not be able to process your application successfully.
Users who register as Recruiters to help employers find candidates for their jobs are required to provide Name, official Email Address, Country, Industry, Address, Phone number and a Password for their Wisestep Account. They also understand that they are submitting information about Candidates on the behalf of the Candidate to the Employer and the Employer will process the information.
Recruiters and Employers may also store information about Candidates they get in touch with or consider suitable for job opportunities that may arise in their organisations or customers’ organisations. They may also record information about their conversations with Candidates and make it available for sharing within their organizations.
All registered users whether employers, Job Applicants, Candidates, Recruiters or any other category are required to accept a Data Controller and Processor Agreement. This agreement states that Wisestep is merely a processor of Information provided to it by different users and registered users alone are the Data Controllers. More details on the Data Processing and Controlling Agreement is available here
Job Applications and Applicant Information
Members can respond to open Job Postings and Careers Opportunities available on Wisestep or through employer websites and send in Job Applications. To facilitate the Hiring Process, the Job Applications and accompanying Information will be available to the Recruiter, Employer who posted the Job. They might contact members directly using the Contact Information you provide or through Wisestep website and keep your details on their Record for future hiring. If the Member applying for the Job permits, their application and contact details will also be shared with other Employers registered on Wisestep Website.
Successful Job applicants might be required to provide additional information like proof of ID, Work Authorisation documents, proof of past employments, contact details of any references and any other information as may be requested by the employers to conduct pre-employment checks, background verifications, security checks or any other verification processes as may be needed to complete their obligations. Recruiters who help place you with these employers may collect this information on the behalf of the employer from you.
If you’ve applied to jobs posted by recruiter members, they may contact you based on your preferences and suitability for future job opportunities that match you preferences.
Wisestep may require you to provide additional verification details as its continuous process of strengthening security.
Examples of How We Use Members’ Information
We use the information we collect about members, candidates and employers to deliver the products and services we offer, respond to members, candidates and employers and operate and improve our platform and applications. Our services include but are not limited to showing you personalized content and advertising on Wisestep or other sites with which we have a business relationship. We may use your information to contact you about Wisestep updates, conduct surveys, or to provide informational and service-related communications, including important security updates.
Information you share in public areas of Wisestep’s platform or which you may decide to share on or through our platform in the resume and profile database may be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world. We cannot and do not accept any responsibility or liability for third party use of your data accessed via visibly shared data.
We strive to provide a safe environment by attempting to limit access to our platform to legitimate users, but we cannot guarantee that unauthorized parties will not gain access. We also cannot control how authorized users store or transfer information you give to us, so you should not post sensitive information to Wisestep’s platform or any of our partner sites.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide our services, respond to you, operate and improve our sites and applications, and foster a positive user experience.
We use information with your consent as described at the time we collect that consent. This includes account creation and resume upload.
We use personal data for our legitimate interests, namely:
- To operate Wisestep’s services;
- To contact and communicate with you when you contact us;
- To analyze, improve and optimize Wisestep’s services; and
- To protect Wisestep’s Services and the rights of users and others
- To enforce terms of Wisestep’s services and prevent fraud and abuse of Wisestep’s systems
By registering with Wisestep’s, by managing your profile, by publicly posting information, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
To provide you with our services, which includes
- To create a Wisestep account for you, including any information, resume or CV you create or upload
- To enable you to search for or advertise for jobs and share them with others
- To enable you as a Candidate to apply for jobs and as a recruiter or employer to store candidate information for your jobs and receive Candidate applications
- To provide products and services to employer and recruiter customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process;
- If you are in the US, to add information gathered from public websites to your profile;
- To help potential employers find your resume and contact you;
- To purchase services from our site and platform;
- To enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- To display targeted recruitment messages from employers;
- To contact you with service-related communications and security updates
- To provide information about you and your interest in job postings to employers;
- To provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties;
- To send you services such as job alerts or other marketing communications you have opted in to receive;
- To inform you of other products or services available from Wisestep or its affiliates or partners;
- To conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- To improve our services
- To give search engines access to public information;
- To conduct analytics and generate internal reports about the use of our sites and applications;
- To track which jobs you search for, view, and apply to
- We may need to process certain personal data as part of our legal obligations, for example, to ensure our practices are in line with our diversity programmes and/or
- To comply with the law in certain jurisdictions; and/or
- To fulfil contractual obligations with Members and vendors, for example, in relation to the enforcement of intellectual property rights.
- For security and fraud prevention
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may breach our policies or be unlawful; and
- To make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about people you may know or additional jobs, products or services that might be of interest to you.
- Some of our products and services, such as our resume, CV and profile database and social media search, enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you.
We gather certain information automatically when you visit our site or use our mobile applications. This information includes:
- Your activity on Wisestep, including the jobs you search for, view, and apply to or the jobs you are recruiting for
- Your internet protocol (IP) address and internet service provider (ISP)
- Your browser type and device ID
- The files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, etc.)
- Operating system, date/time stamp, and/or other analytical data
This data is collected about you automatically and is processed for Wisestep’s legitimate interest. We combine this information with personal data to help detect and prevent fraud. We also combine this data with your profile and resume and CV data to return the best job search results to you.
Wisestep may share information in the following ways
- We may share your non-personal information with our service providers, which are third parties who help deliver our products and services to Members. Examples of these services include web hosting our servers and site databases, service providers who analyze data, provide marketing assistance, administrative support services and payment processors. To the extent required to manage data sharing in for the purposes described in this section, Wisestep will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
- We disclose information to third parties when you give your consent for us to
do so. For example:
- if you make your resume or CV information publicly searchable or visible then all parties with access to our Search Services on our platform may have access to your information;
- if you opt-in to receive information about the products or services of third parties, we share your contact information to those third parties so they may contact you.
- We may disclose to third parties information that we have collected from other websites.
- We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a government body or in exercising good faith - after considering your interests and other factors - that such a step is necessary to: (a) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated or associated companies and/or businesses; (c) to investigate fraud, prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- We may disclose and transfer personal information to a third party who acquires any or all of Wisestep’s business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a notice posted on the site.
GDPR : Lawful Processing
The main grounds used by Wisestep to process personal data are as follows:-
If we have a contract with a member, we will process personal data in order to fulfil the requirements of the contract, or to undertake set up requirements prior to entering into the contract.
- Legal Obligation
If we have a legal obligation to process personal data, we will process personal data on this legal ground.
- Legitimate Interests
The GDPR states that we may process personal data “if necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data”. We may use legitimate interests where we do not have GDPR compliant consent, or where the information is collected indirectly about Candidates, Recruiters, Employers (see Sources of Personal Data). We have assessed the scenarios where we use legitimate interests as a legal ground for processing and we consider our processing is in line with Candidate and Member expectations and that there is a balance between our interests, and those of Registered Members.
Consent may be collected when a user performs a specific action on the platform.Where we are unable to collect consent for a particular processing activity we will only process personal data if we have another lawful ground of legitimate interest, including Legitimate Interests.
- Defence of legal claims
In limited circumstances and in accordance with the law we may use Candidate and other Member information in the defence of legal claims or enforcing legal rights.
Our Legitimate Business Interests
Our legitimate interests in collecting and retaining Candidate and Member personal data is described below:
- As an online platform bringing together Candidates and prospective employers and recruiters we facilitate the introduction of Candidates to prospective employers and Recruiters who In turn introduce their candidates to prospective employers for permanent employment, temporary worker placements or independent professional contracts. The exchange of personal data of Candidates and prospective employers and recruiters is a fundamental, essential part of this process and is a reasonable expectation of Candidates, prospective employers and recruiters.
- In order to support Candidate Members’ career aspirations and prospective employers’ and recruiters’ resourcing needs we store prospective employer and recruiter’s data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements and business profiles.
- To maintain, expand and develop our business we need to record the personal data of prospective Candidates, prospective employers and recruiters.
Cookies and Web Logging
Cookies are tiny data files within your computer that allows Wisestep to recognize you when you return to our site from the same computer and the same browser. If your browser does not enable cookies, you might not be able to use Wisestep efficiently. Cookies allow Wisestep to customize your experience and remember what you were up to the last time you logged off.
Wisestep uses two kinds of cookies. The first lets the site recognize you as an existing user and, thereby, not asking you to log in every time. The other is active only briefly and expires when you close your browser. Due to communication standards, whenever you visit the Wisestep site, we receive information on what site you visited last and which site you are leaving to. We also get information on your IP address, the address of your Computer, your computer Operating System, your Web Browser and any other details of your computer that helps us monitor and manage security about unauthorized access to user accounts and improve our security and service at Wisestep. Your IP address and your personal information will not be shared with third-parties without your permission or except when required by law. Wisestep will collect this information from all devices your use to access the Wisestep website.
Sharing Information outside of Wisestep
Members at Wisestep can control the Information they chose to share on these External Platforms. Wisestep may integrate some of its features with other social networks including but not limited to Facebook and LinkedIn.
Employers on Wisestep can share jobs and invite their contacts through emails or from other websites If you connect your Wisestep Account with other Social Networks, Wisestep works within the API rules and privacy policies defined within those social networks and does not store any of your personal details or passwords for those accounts.
Wisestep includes links to external websites from within its site. This does not mean that Wisestep endorses or certifies these sites or their products. The hyperlinked sites will be covered by their own Privacy Policies. Wisestep requests its Members to view these sites in their own discretion.
Communicating with Wisestep
All registered members will receive messages posted on the site in their online account and through email. These might include welcome notes, Reminder alerts and Notifications regarding their Job and Career Opportunities. Wisestep will also send you email alerts when you receive messages from other Members. You may also receive notifications from Wisestep regarding new features and Services. You can manage your own notification settings from the Account Settings section. Similar account settings are also available for the Employers Section. For any issues please use the Contact Us Section of the website to get in touch with us.
Communicating on External Platforms
The Wisestep website and application is also available to users on other external platforms and websites like Facebook, in cases of such hosted Services, the Member will be bound by the Terms of Service and Privacy statement of the External Platform. The Terms of Service of the External platform overrides that of Wisestep, wherever mentioned. In case no mention is made pertaining to any specific issue on the Host site, the terms of Wisestep will apply
Members are advised not to share details of Social Network Accounts with anyone else.
When a Member joins Wisestep through any External Platform, Wisestep will ask for Permission to access some information from their External Platform Account to make your experience better and more relevant on Wisestep.com.
Changing your Account Information and Accessing your Information
If you do not have an account, or if you believe that someone else has provided us with your contact information, please contact us on email@example.com
When you delete your personal information, we will retain logs and non-personal information about your activity on Wisestep. We will also retain an archival copy of your non-personal information for our business's audit and record purposes, and which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet. If your personal information was previously accessed by others using Wisestep, we are unable to delete the information from their systems.
You confirm and acknowledge that Wisestep is not responsible for transferring data out of the European Ecnomic Area (EEA). Any such transfers are facilitated at the request and/or need of other Members including recruiter members and employer members. Those members may also require the sharing of your personal information to their overseas offices based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes of securing the work Candidates have applied for and for appropriate administration purposes which is in a Candidate’s interests to enable those members to endeavour to provide a recruitment service to you and/or to offer suitable roles to you.
CANDIDATE ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND CONFIRMATION:-
BY USING THIS PLATFORM, APPLYING TO A JOB OR CONTRACT ROLE, PROVIDING YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION TO SHOW INTEREST IN A JOB OR CONTRACT ROLE, OR BY REPLYING TO A MESSAGE FROM AN EMPLOYER OR RECRUITER THROUGH OUR PLATFORM, YOU EXPLICITLY CONSENT TO THE DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION AND PERSONAL DATA AND/OR SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA TO THAT EMPLOYER AND/OR RECRUITER, WHETHER SUCH MEMBERS ARE INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA) AND TO BE CONTACTED BY SUCH EMPLOYERS AND/OR RECRUITERS FOR EMPLOYMENT RELATED PURPOSES.
Indemnification of Wisestep by Members
All our Members, including Recruiters, Employers and Candidates, specifically consent and confirm that they are solely responsible and liable for securing all information concerning Candidates and safeguarding that personal data. Wisestep is in no way reasonable or liable for any information breaches or losses that may arise by or through information being shared using Wisestep’s platform. All Members, whether recruiters, candidates or employers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect their personal information and warrant and agree that Wisestep is fully indemnified on a continuing basis by Members using the Wisestep platform for their recruitment purposes.
In order to protect your personal information, your Wisestep Account is provided with a personalized Password. Kindly do not reveal the password to anyone else or save it in a publicly accessible computer. Wisestep uses a secure access data centre for storing your details. If you suspect that your account has been accessed by someone else, report immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact us online for questions or concerns about our privacy practices. You may also write to us at: email@example.com
Members in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint with the local Supervisory Agency for data protection in their country, should they find that we did not appropriately address their question or concern.
Our Data Protection Officer can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Market Place Terms
If you sign on to the crowdsourcing platform, the following terms apply in addition to the general terms of service of the Wisestep Platform listed here.
For Recruitment Firms and Independent Recruiters
You agree to provide the following services
- Identifying and sourcing right candidates as per job requirements shared by Wisestep on behalf of Employers advertising their jobs on its platform
- Screening of candidates to ensure a close match to the job specifications as provided to you on the platform
- Confirmation of interest of the candidate in the job
- Details of candidates like Skills, Eligibility to Work, Work authorization, Compensation details and any other details as may be specified in the Job description and insights
- Scheduling Interviews and managing Candidate relationship till the time candidate joins the position
- Right to represent the Candidate for the Job that you are submitting the candidate for
- Identifying and sourcing right candidates for job requirements shared by Wisestep on behalf of Employers advertising their jobs on its platform
- Confirmation of Candidate interest in the job
Common Terms applied to Recruitment Firms, Independent Recruiters and Individuals
You agree to the Following
- Employment Guarantee: Offer a 3-month employment guarantee. If the candidate resigns or is terminated for cause then you will not be eligible for any payment for that specific placement.
- Payment Terms:The invoice for a successful candidate for a permanent hire shall be payable within 100 days of the candidate joining. For Contract roles, Wisestep will pay within 7 days of funds received from Employers. Wisestep is liable to pay you only if it gets paid by Employers.
- Validity:Employment Guarantee and Payment Terms shall be valid even if your account on Wisestep has been closed.
- Right to Reject:Wisestep reserves the right to reject the Candidates referred if they are not found to be a suitable match after preliminary assessment by Wisestep. Wisestep may conduct the assessment at any time after the candidate is submitted. The assessment of Wisestep team and its employees is final in this matter.
- Candidate Duplication:Wisestep will inform you if the submitted Candidate is a duplicate on the platform. Employers may also reject candidates on grounds of duplication or based on the results of their own Candidate tracking process. Wisestep will provide the status updates of these candidates at the earliest possible time on a best effort basis.
- CV Validity:A CV validity period of 3 months for any action on any
submitted for that specific Employer by you for a period of 3 months from the date
of submission. You may resubmit candidates for suitable roles after 3 months for
same Employer. To make your candidate eligible for CV validity for roles in other
Employers you are required to submit the candidate for other Employers’ jobs
Submitting a Candidate to Wisestep for an Employer’s job does not in any way mean an employment with Wisestep or a successful placement with Employers advertising jobs on its platform.
- Fee Adjustment: If any Fee adjustment is made by Employers in its payment to Wisestep for a candidate referred by you then Wisestep will in turn make a similar adjustment on the fees payable to you.
- Confidentiality:You shall treat all the information regarding technology, assessments, processes and all other Employer information in the strictest confidence.
- Non Solicitation:You agree not to solicit Employers advertising jobs on
Wisestep or their officers for empanelment or job requirements if you are not
empaneled with any Employer prior to using our services. Solicitation of any
Employer will lead to termination of your account and forfeiture of any payments
that are due to you.
If you already work with some Employers prior to using our platform and can provide documented proof of it you may continue to do so or use our platform with our terms of service.
- Indemnification:You Indemnify Wisestep, its directors, employees, agents, contractors, partners and employees harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand including reasonable attorney fees related to breach of any representations or warranties made by you under these terms, violation of terms of services or violation of the rights and laws of any third party
- Taxes:Wisestep will deduct any withholding taxes as per local law before making any payouts. You are solely responsible for paying any other taxes as may be applicable to you as per your jurisdiction.
- Termination:Wisestep reserves the right to terminate your account for any violation of terms of usage and service.
- Placement Fee:That you will pay Wisestep a Placement Fee if you hire a
candidate referred to you through the Wisestep platform directly or submitted by
employees and associates of Wisestep electronically or through your Applicant
Placement fees are not required to be paid for candidates that directly apply to you. In cases where candidates apply through the Wisestep Platform and directly to you, Placement fees are due if they applied first using Wisestep.
CV Validity for Candidates from Wisestep will be 3 months from the date of submission. Wisestep may require documented proof of your contact with the employer
- Platform Fee:You agree to regularly pay the Platform fee as agreed in the pricing plan
- Authorization:You are authorized to advertise the Jobs of your organization and that you have the authority to make payments in the event that a candidate submitted through Wisestep is hired by you.
- Feedback and Updates:You will provide timely, detailed and regular feedback on Candidates referred to you and their status in the hiring process. Feedback can be provided by logging into your account on the Wisestep platform or to Wisestep team members who may be in touch with you.
- Referral Reward:Wisestep is free to announce any suitable referral reward as it sees fit for your job roles
- Employment Guarantee:Wisestep will provide an employment Guarantee of 90 days. If any candidate leaves with the employment Guarantee period or is terminated for cause Wisestep will provide a replacement without charge. Employers that do not pay the Platform Fee or do not pay on time are not eligible for the Employment Guarantee.
- Invoicing :Wisestep will invoice you within 7 days of the candidate joining and the invoice will be payable within 30 days.
- Audit:Wisestep reserves the right to audit any candidate communication with you whose candidature might have been considered as duplicate by yourself. Further Wisestep reserves the right to inspect your books or records to ascertain if all payments due to us in exchange od services have been made. Wisestep may nominate an independent public accounting firm to conduct such audit
Terms applicable to All Users, Employers, Recruitment Firms, Independent Recruiters and Individuals
- Indemnification:Indemnify Wisestep, its directors, employees, agents, contractors, partners and employees harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand including reasonable attorney fees related to breach of any representations or warranties made by you under these terms, violation of terms of services or violation of the rights and laws of any third party
- Disputes and Resolution:You agree that disputes between you and us will be resolved by binding individual arbitration and you waive your right to participate in a class action law suit or a class wide arbitration. You agree that this Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the State of New Jersey, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
- Limitation of Liability:Iin no event will we be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including damages for any lost profits or lost data arising from your use of the web sites or the services, even if we are aware or have been advised of the possibility of such damages. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim any warranties for services received through or advertised on the web sites. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, our liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the lesser of: (a) the amount paid, if any, by you to us for the services; and (b) ten dollars ($10). The parties agree that these limitations are an essential part of this agreement and shall survive any remedy’s failure of essential purpose. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights
- General:We reserve the right to change, modify, add or delete parts of this agreement and will post updates of it on this page. Your continued use of the website after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of this agreement. Our failure to exercise any right or provision of this agreement does not constitute a waiver of the said right or provision. IF any provision of this agreement is found to be void, invalid or unenforceable then that provision shall be superseded by a valid, enforceable provision or one that matches the intent of the original provision as closely as possible.
Terms of Service
Wisestep.com is a website that is developed, operated and maintained by Wisestep Holdings (“Wisestep” or “We” or “us”) that allows Employers professionals from all over the world to connect, network, share ideas and find career options. As Wisestep acts as a shared social platform, it lays down the following Terms of Service to provide its members with a secure and efficient social and professional networking environment. By registering, logging in, visiting, or accessing the services offered by Wisestep through the internet or mobile website Wisestep.com or applications offered through other social media platforms or similar to but not restricted to Facebook ©, Twitter ©, LinkedIn© and through other domain names as may be specified in this agreement from time to time and through various devices like mobiles, tablet or other devices as may be specified from time to time, you, the member (the user, recruiter, employer), agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions laid down here as Terms of Service as if it were a legally binding agreement signed by Wisestep Holdings (“Wisestep”) of Edith Cavell Street Port Louis, Mauritius if you were in any country other than those in the EU and Northhill Partners Limited, Elizabeth House, 39 York Road, London if you were in EU. If you do not agree to be bound by the below-mentioned Terms of Service, you may not use, view or access our services. Wisestep reserves the rights to modify this agreement without prior notice. Any such changes will be posted and notified to the user on the website. It is the responsibility of the Members to update themselves on such amendments. Your continued use of our services indicates your acceptance of the modified Terms of Service
Wisestep offers services as an online networking platform that allows professionals connect with each other, exchange knowledge, ideas and opportunities and any other service that the site may propose to offer in the future. Members of Wisestep can register as a User and or an Employer and use the Services of the Company to create their own profile in Wisestep, network with other members, search and offer career opportunities and make use of other services that may be offered by Wisestep in the future. The information provided on this website includes, but is not limited to, the Services offered by Wisestep or its affiliated companies or websites; though we do not offer any advices, guarantees or warranties relating to these Services. Wisestep cannot be held accountable or provide validation for any advice, connection, knowledge, opportunity or representation put forth by any other member on Wisestep.com.
Eligibility of Members
Users can register themselves on Wisestep as a Member and or an Employer. Members can log in using a valid personal email address, while Employers require a valid company email address. Users can have both a Member and an Employer account but they are not permitted to own more than one of each, without prior written permission.
All members who are eligible to open a Bank Account in their area of jurisdiction can be a Member at Wisestep. However, Wisestep might restrict or deny access to Members from certain jurisdictions, state, country or other criteria at its sole discretion. If such access, as provided by Wisestep services, is prohibited by your jurisdiction, Wisestep revokes all responsibility towards the maintenance and continuance of its Services.
Access to Services and your Obligations
To continue using the Services of Wisestep, you understand and agree not to use Wisestep for the following:
- Publish content, initiate communications and solicitations which are inappropriate, unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- For any illegal purpose, including but not limited to conspiring to violate any laws.
- Reverse engineer, disassemble, procure or reproduce any underlying source code that is used to provide the Services offered by Wisestep.
- Falsely state or impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your identity, create an account for a non-existent person / company, or misappropriating your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with any person, past or present.
- Upload, post, or make available any information that you do not have the right to disclose or the disclosure of which infringes any patent, intellectual right, contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Directly or indirectly breach the employment contract or any other contract executed by you.
- Imply or State, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated to, or endorsed by Wisestep, unless authorized in writing by Wisestep to do the same.
- Publish and advertise any product or service through posts, email, and resorting to
other forms of unsolicited or unauthorized advertisements, promotional material,
junk mail, unsolicited emails and chat messages, chain letters, pyramids schemes,
any other forms of unsolicited intimation. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Using Wisestep invitations to send messages to people who don't know you and are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact.
- Using Wisestep to connect to people who don't know you and, then, send unsolicited messages and mail to these direct contacts without their permission.
- Sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases or group aliases.
- Upload, post, publish, transmit, or otherwise make available, content that contains software viruses, or any other computer codes, files or programs, which would interrupt, destroy or limit the performance of the Wisestep network or the computers of its other Members.
- Stalk, harass, intimidate or indulge in discriminating against any other Member.
- Forge headers or manipulate the identifiers, so as to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Services.
- Use or attempt to use, another person's account, or share the information of another person without their explicit permission.
- Post content in fields that are not meant for that content (like typing in an address in the " Name " field).
- Engage in dishonest or unprofessional behavior, and betray the trust and confidentiality of other Members.
- Interfere, or attempt to interfere, or disrupt the connections of any servers or networks; or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services.
- Use manual or automated softwares, devices and other processes to crawl or spider any webpages available on Wisestep. Do not monitor or copy, or allow others to monitor and copy, any part of the website, and frame, simulate or recreate the appearance of the website and its functions.
Wisestep may allow Members to post content such as jobs, company information, logos, trademarks, comments, questions, and other content or information or any such materials a member submits, posts, displays, or otherwise makes available on the Service (" Content"). Members retain ownership of their Content.
You also agree that any Content that you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights or rights of privacy. Wisestep reserves the right, but is not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that Wisestep at its sole discretion believes, violates these provisions. For the purposes of this Agreement, "Intellectual Property Rights" means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content that you submit, that Wisestep’s use of your Content in accordance with this Agreement will not violate any law or infringe the rights of any third party, and that to the best of your knowledge, all your Content and other information that you provide to us is truthful and accurate.
Wisestep takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any member Content that you or any other member or third party posts or sends over the Service. You shall be solely responsible for your Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that Wisestep shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of the Content.
Member Content License
Members when applying for a job and uploading their resumes may also choose to permit wisestep to share their resume with other employers. Members can also rescind this permission at any time at their discretion
Terms and Conditions Specific to Employers
Jobs can be posted on Wisestep only through a separate Employer account. Employers and Recruiters can log on to Wisestep by registering from a company email address (e.g. email@example.com). They can register as a User from the same email address. However, it is not permitted for any Member to activate more than one User and Company profile at any time.
Wisestep will also in most cases combine the accounts of employer accounts registered with a common company domain address. Employer accounts combined in such a manner will be able to work as a team within the wisestep platform and access and share information amongst each other. Employer accounts from the same email domain that do not want their accounts with other members with a similar email domain will have to explicitly approved by wisestep.
Employers can use the Services offered by Wisestep, including Job Posting, Applicant Tracking, Creating a Careers Page, and more services as may be offered to an employer account from time to time. All services that are offered for unlimited usage will be bound by fair usage. By Fair usage we mean that employers should be able to meet their needs in an appropriate manner when using the Wisestep platform. Wisestep can terminate an employer’s account if it deems that the usage is beyond fair usage even after regular warnings.
While an Employer uses the Services of Wisestep, it is understood that the Employer might also register and seek the help of other Companies or Media which would offer similar services. However, the Employer should, as much as reasonable possible, refrain from any discrimination between Candidates who had applied via Wisestep and those who applied directly or otherwise.
Wisestep allows Employers to automatically share their selected content like Job Information on other platforms. However, using the Wisestep platform to spam your professional network on any External Platform will result in the Suspension of your Account.
The Employer retains the right to set Referral Rewards and a Sign-On Bonus for certain jobs as long as these rewards are above a certain minimum amount specified by Wisestep. These rewards can be increased at any time in the future. However, it is not possible to decrease your Referral Reward and Sign-on Bonus from the amount it had been set to at the time of posting the Job.
The Employer is also prohibited to ask any Member or prospective Employee to disclose his Account Details on Wisestep or other networking sites, or to ask for other sensitive information including Bank Account Information, Social Security Number, etc. The Member shall be liable, however, to disclose Residential Address, Correspondence Address, and Bank Details or provide Proof of ID and other required information to collect a Referral Reward if applicable.
Terms Specific to Referral Rewards
Wisestep offers a process through which Users can recommend their friends, family and acquaintances for specific Jobs and earn a financial or non-financial Reward if the person they referred (the candidate) gets hired by the Employer. Referral Rewards are set for specific jobs by the Employer/Company that is hiring, and will be payable by them. Wisestep will, merely, act as a facilitator in the transaction between Referrer and Employer and will charge a transaction fee of 20% for this Service. The following will apply to the members and the employers.
- Referral rewards are payable only to the Member (the referrer) who referred the candidate who gets hired.
- Not all jobs have Referral Rewards. Those that do have the reward specifically mentioned alongside the information for those jobs.
- The Employer may also announce a Sign-On Bonus for certain jobs for Candidates who apply through Wisestep. The Sign-On will be payable after the placement of the Candidate and the successful completion of Probation. The Candidate must inform Wisestep about the Placement Terms and Conditions, and the Probationary Period for the Sign-On Bonus to be paid out.
- Employers will not will not distinguish between candidates referred through wisestep and other channels
- Members can apply for a job if they are suitably eligible. The Member can collect a Sign-On Bonus (if applicable) after his/her successful placement.
- Wisestep can demand a refund of the Referral Reward from the Referrer if it is found that there has been a misinterpretation or manipulation of information, or that the Referrer had been involved in fraudulent activities, or that the Referral Reward should not have been paid in the first instance for whatever reason.
- To win a Referral Reward, the Member should have a Bank Account. It is not permissible for a Parent/Guardian/Representative to collect the Reward on behalf of someone else.
- Referral Rewards will be paid only after the hired Candidate completes a specific period, as decided by Wisestep in conjunction with the employer that offers the job.
- All payment of Referral Rewards will be by Cheque or through Wired Transfer in the name of the Referrer. The transaction is not transferable.
- The Referral Reward for any Job is set by the Employer who posts the job. Wisestep, merely, acts as a facilitator for the transaction between Referrer and Employee. Wisestep is not liable to make any payment to the Referrer if the listed Employer fails to make the payment to Wisestep or to the Referrer.
- The Referral Reward will not be paid in Cash. To enable the transaction, The Employer might request the Referrer through Wisestep for further information including Bank Details, Residential and Correspondence Addresses, etc. Wisestep will invoice the employer on behalf of the referrer and collect the referral reward for subsequently paying out the referral reward. Wisestep reserves the right to withhold payment if these details are not provided by the referrer.
- In case of non-payment of Referral Reward, Wisestep will investigate the matter and if it is determined that the Employer is a willful Defaulter, will suspend the account of the Employer summarily, and block them from using the Services offered by the site. However, Wisestep maintains that it merely acts as a third-party in the transaction between Referrer and Employer, and will not take legal action by itself on the Employer.
- Any banking charges incurred by Wisestep on facilitating the transaction on behalf of the Referrer involved in the transaction will be deducted from the Referral Reward. The Referral Reward will also be reduced to reflect VAT, Withholding Tax, Tax Deducted as Source, or any such tax as applicable for the country where the Employer is based.
Wisestep will disclose details of transactions of Referral Rewards and Sign-On bonuses to Government Agencies if explicitly demanded so of, for purposes of National Security and Tax Regulations.
End user license Grant
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable, license to use the Service. Wisestep reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and the Wisestep Content (as defined below). Wisestep may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason as specified below in the section for Termination of Services.
Privacy Security and Other Details
We have listed the rules and regulations regarding most of our services in this document. However, if you do notice any shortcomings or found any issue which had not been addressed, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for redressal.
Wisestep reserves the right to review Job Postings and Job Applications posted through the Services. It can also summarily reject both if they are deemed inappropriate, fake, abusive or frivolous. Wisestep also stores submitted resumes to create a talent bank for Wisestep and for employers that would facilitate reconsidering these for future career openings.
Wisestep does not endorse or affiliate itself with any Company or Employer unless explicitly stated so. While Wisestep tries its best to authenticate all Job Postings and Company Titles registered with it, it makes no warranty of the same. The User is requested to be diligent with any such endorsements, solicitations and Job Offers. By registering on Wisestep, you are granting Wisestep a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use your Account information and Profile postings in order to offer you its Services. Wisestep retains the right to reformat, excerpt and translate any information submitted by you. Furthermore, all information provided by any Member is the sole responsibility of the Member themselves. Wisestep shall not he held responsible for any errors or omissions in your content. Wisestep shall also not be responsible to inauthentic or objectionable information posted by its Members. However, any such misconduct should be reported to email@example.com .
While Wisestep attempts to make all its services available round the clock, seven days a week, it makes no warranty of the same. Wisestep might deny its Members access to certain Sections, discontinue certain Services or temporarily deactivate its Services for site maintenance according to its own discretion. Any inconvenience thus caused will not be compensated.
Wisestep.com is also available for use by members and employers on External Platforms like Facebook©. Wisestep.com also uses APIs from other external platforms like Linkedin.com © to make its user experience more relevant. Wisestep will also share specific content like Job Postings on other websites and Search Engines like Google, Indeed and Simplyhired.
- When Wisestep offers its Services on another External Platform, in case of a conflict the Terms and Conditions of the Host platform overrides the Terms of Service of Wisestep, where so mentioned. If not mentioned, the Terms of Service of Wisestep apply.
- When a Member joins Wisestep through another platform, an Account is created with Wisestep directly, so that you can access the Features and Services offered by Wisestep if you access Wisestep without the use of the said External Platform.
- When a Member registers on another platform to use the Services, Wisestep will ask for permission to access some information the Member had provided the Host platform. This information will be used by Wisestep to customize the Member's experience and to make it more relevant.
- When a Job is posted on Wisestep, the Employer understands and agrees that this Job will be automatically be published on and syndicated to other websites including but not limited to Search Engines like Google, Indeed and Simplyhired.
Pricing and Payment
Certain aspects of the Services may be provided for a fee or other charges. If you elect to use paid features of the Service, you agree to the pricing and payment terms as specified in our Pricing Page as we may update them from time to time. Wisestep may add new services for additional fees and charges, or amend fees and charges for existing services, at any time in its sole discretion. Any change to the Pricing of Services shall become effective in the billing cycle following notice of such change to you as provided in this Agreement.
If you are using paid for features You can request for a change in your plans or cancel the service by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org If you’d like to move to a smaller plan you can write to support and we will refund the excess money you paid. Wisestep Plans are charged on a monthly basis. We don’t prorate months, so if your request for a change of plan is made after the start of a month, the refunds will apply from the next applicable month. In the event that Wisestep suspends or terminates your account or this Agreement for your breach of this Agreement, you understand and agree that you shall receive no refund for any unused time or services on a subscription, any license or subscription fees for any portion of the Service, any content or data associated with your account, or for anything else.
All information that you provide in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with Wisestep must be accurate, complete, and current. All Fees are exclusive of taxes, levies or duties and you agree to pay all such taxes, Levies or duties. You also agree to pay charges incurred by users of your credit card, debit card, wire transfer, bank transfer or other payment methods used in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with the Service at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred.
Wisestep can suspend, discontinue or terminate its Services to any Member if they are found to breach any of the Terms and Conditions agreed upon registration.
Termination can happen through any of the following means:
- Breach of Terms of Service stated above.
- If so requested by Law Enforcement or Government Agencies
- If so requested by the Member themselves
- Unexpected Technical issues or problems
- Extended period of Inactivity
A Member can, at a later date, terminate his Account at Wisestep if he disagrees with an amended Terms of Service or if he wants to discontinue the Services offered by Wisestep. When an Account is thus discontinued, Wisestep will remove all information regarding the Member at the earliest possible date from its database. Once you terminate Services with Wisestep, your Account Information will not be retrievable any longer.
WISESTEP DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY RESULTS FROM USING THE SERVICE. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM WISESTEP OR THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WISESTEP, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, ITS MARKETING PARTNERS AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
WISESTEP DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A USER OR THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WISESTEP SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR SERVICE, AND WISESTEP WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND USER OR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
Indemnity and Limitation of Liabilities
By accepting this Terms of Service, you (the Member) agree to indemnify Wisestep, its Officers, Employees, Agents, Subsidiaries, Affiliates, and other Partners from any direct, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages resulting from:
- Your use of the Services.
- Unauthorized Access to or Alteration of your Communications with or through the Services.
- Any other matter relating to Services.
Wisestep, it’s Employees and Affiliates shall also not be held responsible for any loss of business information, loss of goodwill, business interruption or loss of anticipated profits and benefits resulting from use of the site or Services or any part or whole of the content or arising out of any breach of Warranty. Such limitation of liability will apply despite the damages arising from use or dependence on Wisestep information, inability to use Wisestep information, or the costs of procurement of substitute content.
The liability of Wisestep or its affiliates, shall in no case, exceed the total amount of Service Fees that was last paid by the Member during a period of three months for the specific Service at issue, immediately preceding the day on which the claim or the liability arose.
Wisestep is the owner and authorized user of any trademark, registered trademark or service mark appearing on the website; and is the copyright owner or licensee of the content or information on the website including, but not limited to, any text, image, illustrations, audio clips, video clips and screens appearing on the website.
All rights on the website are reserved and you may not download and/or save a copy of the website or any part thereof including any of the screens and/or reproduce, store it in a retrieval system or transmit it in any form or by any means electronic, electrostatic, magnetic tape, mechanical printing, photocopying, recording or otherwise including the right of translation in any language without the express permission of the company (except as otherwise provided on the website or in the terms and conditions for any purpose) or use it in any manner that is likely to cause confusion or deception among persons or in any manner disparages or discredits the company or the merchant. However, you may print a copy of the information on this site for your personal use or records. This website is for your personal use. If you make other use of this website, except as otherwise provided above, you may violate copyright and other laws of Mauritius and other countries, and may be subject to penalties. The company and the merchant do not grant any license or other authorization for usage of its trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, or other copyrightable material or other intellectual property by placing them on the website.
Law of Aribtration
All legal proceeding involving Wisestep shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in London, United Kingdom and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom. The Member shall agree to resolve all disputes under the arbitration and conciliation act and the venue for such arbitration shall be at London, United Kingdom.
This Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between the Member and Wisestep and supersedes any prior agreements between the both.
Any provision of the agreement which in invalid, prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall:
- be ineffective in that jurisdiction to the extent of invalidity, prohibition or unenforceability.
- not invalidate the remaining provisions of the Agreement.
- not affect the validity of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
This Terms of Service does not constitute any joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship between the Member and Wisestep.
Wisestep may assign this Agreement at any time without notice to any Member. The Member shall not assign this Agreement to anyone else.
Wisestep, Wisestep.com, the Wisestep logo, and other Wisestep Logos and Names are trademarks of Wisestep. The member us not authorized to use these trademarks in any manner without Wisestep’ s prior written permission. The Section Titles of this Terms of Service are displayed for convenience only and have no legal effect. Please contact us to clarify any questions, post any comments or report any violations of Terms of Service. Mail us at email@example.com .
GDPR Commitment Statement
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the most significant piece of European privacy legislation in the last twenty years. It replaces the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive (European Directive 95/46/EC), strengthening the rights that EU individuals have over their data, and creating a uniform data protection law across Europe
GDPR is a globally relevant regulation applicable to any organization that has EU area customers or even stores EU citizens data. GDPR has taken effect from May 25, 2018.
Designed with Data Privacy
Wisestep is designed with GDPR standards as a Data Processor. With Data privacy first approach and our product features are rolled out with privacy first principles.
Managing Data Privacy in your Processes
Wisestep provides unmatched flexibility in allowing its customers to design data privacy into their recruitment process flows and allow granular control of data.
The GDPR regulation puts more power in the hands of the Data Controllers by creating a regulatory imperative of Data portability. We provide for portability and work with our customers to ensure that their Data Portability needs are met.
While we expect you to rely on us to help you manage your Data privacy needs when you manage your recruitment processes with us, we suggest that you also review the following in your organization
Understand GDPR better
Familiarise yourself with the regulation and identify how it may affect your relationship with your customer, employees and other stakeholders. Get clarity on what role ( “Data Controller” or “Data Processor”) you play in your interactions
Lawful basis of processing Data
The GDPR regulation clearly specifies the different lawful basis of data processing. Review your business processes and the interaction with your stakeholders to decide which of these basis applies to you.
Audit Your Data
- Create process maps and the data captured at different steps
- Review who has access to this data and for what purpose.
- Document your business processes
Create an Information Assets Register
As part of your audit you may create a register of all the information you capture as part of your business process. Use these to capture an information assets register to easily understand and review any changes or updates to the way data flows in your organisation.
Keep yourself updated on various developments on GDPR and the way its being implemented and interpreted by different countries and companies.
Data Protection Team
For any issues or questions please write to our Data privacy team on firstname.lastname@example.org